You Counted Your Last Kobo and Wondered, "Is This All There Is?"
A Nigerian's Guide to Breaking the Cycle of Poverty and Building Unshakeable Wealth
I remember that Tuesday.
Not because it was special. Because it was ordinary. The kind of ordinary that makes you want to scream.
I had exactly one thousand, two hundred naira in my account. Not twelve thousand. Not one hundred and twenty thousand. One thousand, two hundred.
I needed data to apply for freelance jobs. I needed transport to a teaching interview. And I needed to eat something – not because I was hungry, but because I was starting to feel dizzy from lack of food.
One thousand, two hundred naira could not do all three.
So I sat on my bed. I looked at my phone. I made a choice that felt humiliating at the time but turned out to be the smartest financial decision of my life.
I borrowed a neighbor's hotspot for the job applications. I walked three kilometers to the interview – in the sun. And I spent my last money on two packs of Indomie and an egg.
I got the job.
Not because I had money. Because I used what I had.
That is the "no capital" capital. And that is what The Last Kobo is about.
The Lie We Swallow
Somewhere along the line, we started believing that you cannot make it without a godfather. That if you were not born into wealth, you are destined to stay poor. That "man knows man" is the only way up.
Let me tell you something: connections can disappear. A rich uncle can go broke. A godfather can go to jail. But skills? Skills are the only thing no one can take from you.
Not the government. Not the economy. Not the "man knows man" system.
Build skills. And watch how quickly "man" begins to "know" you.
What the Book Teaches
The Last Kobo is not a get-rich-quick manual. There are enough of those on WhatsApp status, promising you ten million naira in thirty days if you just invest five thousand. Those people are not your friends. They are predators dressed in screenshots of rented cars.
This book is a survival guide for the Nigerian born on the wrong side of the road.
Inside, you will learn:
· How to break the poverty mentality – That voice that says "I cannot" before you even try.
· How to start a side hustle with zero capital – Using what you already have.
· How to spot scams before they eat your school fees – Because they are everywhere.
· How to save against Naira devaluation – Holding cash is like holding ice in April.
· How to build wealth slowly but surely – Fast money is almost always dirty or dangerous. Slow money is almost always clean and lasting.
A Story from the Book
Let me tell you about Madam Bose. She sold vegetables at the Oja Oba market in Ile Ife. She had no bank account. No smartphone. No BVN. She could not read or write English.
But Madam Bose was richer than many university lecturers I know.
How? Ajo – the thrift collection.
Every week, she contributed two thousand naira. At the end of the month, she collected sixty thousand. She used that money to buy vegetables in bulk, sold them at a higher price, and put the profit back into the thrift.
She did this for twenty years.
Today, her children are in university. She owns a house. And she has never taken a loan from a bank in her life.
If Madam Bose could do it with tomatoes and peppers, you can do it with whatever you are selling – including your skills.
Your Turn
You have counted the last kobo in your pocket and wondered, "Is this all there is?"
This book is your answer.
No godfather required. No fake promises. Just real steps from someone who walked the road – from eating one meal a day to building a freelance career that pays in dollars.
Your journey from survival to significance starts here.
Get The Last Kobo on Ko-fi:

Comments
Post a Comment